1. In a large cast iron pan, drizzle a small amount of grapeseed oil and fry onion and garlic until slightly golden but not burnt. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Dice red pepper and chop cilantro.
3. In a food processor, process chickpeas into a slightly textured paste. Transfer into a large bowl.
4. Add all ingredients including sautéed onion and garlic into the large bowl. Mix. Season to liking.
5. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of chickpea flour onto a large plate. Scoop and shape small portions of the mixture into patties. Coat evenly with chickpea flour.
6. Reheat iron cast pan to medium heat. Fry patties with grapeseed oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until bottoms are neatly browned.